Lamda *$%^&%&$ Sensor

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Just tried to get my decat off the car for my MOT on Saturday to find the lamda sensor ain't coming undone, seems the thread is rounded as well. Anyone got any tricks for getting it off? as I assume the car will fail the mot without a cat on.

turbodaily

the sensor in the cat is not the lambda (the lambda is on the downpipe) the sensor on the cat is a heat sensor which just flashes up a light on the dash if the cat is blocked and getting hot. when you decat the car you dont need that sensor plugged in, so you can just cut it off, and put a bolt in the hole on the cat.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
kenan said:
as I assume the car will fail the mot without a cat on.
Down to the car, but no reason why it should. I've passed 1st time with a full Goose decat for the last 4-5 years.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Your joking !!!!

See what heppens when I try to work on my car lol

The car is an M, so would this make it more likly to require a cat? Ill as the guys at teh MOT station tomorrow and if so will cut the wire and fit the cat.

Cheers for the help guys

Animaldaz

No R needs a cat, Its not on the system so make sure they dont put it down as a sunny. If its not there then it just has a basic emmisions test.

snoon

If you end up cutting the wire off the heat sensor, make sure you also unplug the wire under the drivers seat.
I didn't and it kept going into safe mode.

Shaun

kenan

South West Regional Rep
snoon said:
If you end up cutting the wire off the heat sensor, make sure you also unplug the wire under the drivers seat.
Where would I find this plug? is it under the carpet

geoff pine

snoon said:

Shaun
The plug under the carpet not the one under the seat.

snoon said:

Shaun

my cars Never went into safe mode since ive cut mine, it aint unplugged either

Mr GTiR

geoff pine said:
Yes the seat one is some thing else
That will be for the seat belt light.

EssexAaron said:
my cars Never went into safe mode since ive cut mine, it aint unplugged either
Depends on how it was cut. If the wires earth out on the metal work then that's why it goes into "safe mode".

Fusion Ed

Some do go into safe mode and some dont. Its very odd I have not come across why yet (but I have not looked that closely tbh)