lambda sensor, 2 or 3 wire ?

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,
I need to change my lambda sensor and I want to fit a universal one (never mind the thread size). Do I need a 2-wire or 3-wire one ?
]
Also, I hear u guys speaking of a volt range between 1,5V and 2,5V , but my current lambda reads between 0 and 1 volt... Which one is it ?

A

Anonymous

Hi WJ,
The o2 sensor has three wires, black / red / white. I am not sure what the voltage range is though.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

Jobi Joba

WJ said:
Hi guys,
I need to change my lambda sensor and I want to fit a universal one (never mind the thread size). Do I need a 2-wire or 3-wire one ?
]
Also, I hear u guys speaking of a volt range between 1,5V and 2,5V , but my current lambda reads between 0 and 1 volt... Which one is it ?
three wires.
voltage between 0 and 1 volt.

$

$ven

I guess you need it for MOT (APK?), or is the engine running in the rescue-program? Anyways, new part from Nissan only cost about 125 Euro. This is cheap for a lambda compared to other car brands. I had to replace mine 2, to meet import-regulations (RDW), CO-value to rich.

I wasn't advised to use an universal lambda, since the lambda is so close to the turbo, and because of this the lambda in the GTI-R requires to cope with higher temperatures than normal cars do.

Also, don't forget to disconnect the battery, after you fitted the new lambda. This to reset the computer. Then let the car idle for about 5 minutes, and take it for good drive (minimum of 25km), And don't forget using the turbo...

Now you should be fine,

Groeten, Sven.