lack of boost

A

another sunny

Last sunday i fitted my new cusco top mounts and fitted back on my old JASMA cat back system(previously removed because it was too loud but after the new box fell apart now back on) any way now i have less power and less boost(before with the easy 1 bar boost mod =1 bar ,now .7bar). My R seems to run a little rough although it is difficult to tell with the amount of noise coming from the JASMA.
I have checked the obviouse(fault codes, intercooler pipes and vac lines etc) but to no avail.

Any sugestions?

marcymarc

Check your spark plugs mate , mine did this the other week (with the easy 1 bar boost mod that actually turned out to be the easy 1.2 bar mod:lol:) anyway turned out 3 of the spark plugs were fried, simple as that.

Car has sinse been put back to standard boost, was running lean as a bast*rd with the easy mod.

Id think about some sort of ecu mod if i were u sunshine :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Assuming you haven't touched any vacuum/boost lines anywhere, putting the old restrictive exhaust back on will cost you power, but it shouldn't make you run rough. If it was set up for the previous set up, I guess it could be runing slightly rich, which may make it feel not as smooth as before, or you may now have the wrong grade plugs in now for the cooler running engine?

A

another sunny

Thanks i will check the plugs on sunday.As to the exhaust i replaced a quiet Sheepdog and now have a very loud Jasma, I know the volume doesnt always mean extra power but when i had this on before it ran with 1 bar and noticably more go.
I have noticed now that if you hold the revs for a few seconds and it is boosting at .7bar then press the throttle right down the boost rises to 1 bar for a second or two then goes back to .7 bar, could i have an Actuator problem? I have checked all the vac lines and all seems fine.