KYB Super Special Rally Suspension

Paul

Has anyone ever heard of these before?
I have done a search on the net and found basic details about them, are they any good?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Aren't KYB the OEM manufacturer for Nissan; they make most of the shocks for Japanese cars don't they?

I think the Super Special Rally struts are an up-rated part, but not adjustable like coilovers. - So I think they're quite good (better than original equipment), but maybe not if you want to be able to adjust them.

davey red.r

i had the kyb specials on my white gtir blue strutts,
they were very good for road use, with 30mm drop springs,
they were slightly softer than gabs,
but a hell of a lot better than the tein superstreets i replaced them for:doh:;-)

red reading

kyb or kayaba are one of the biggest suspension manufacturer in the world, along with showa ,ohlins,bilstien etc.

Paul

I dont know to be honest, theyre available for evos and subarus. The reason im asking is because when removing the engine from the donor car ive got, ive noticed that it has got kyb ss rally suspension on (silver struts). Was thinking of using it on my car instead of the standard struts ive got, but it says Rally use only on them..

warringtonjack

I have the KYB Super Street Specials, and they are a brilliant alternative to coilovers which some people might find too stiff etc. I like mine anyhow! :thumbsup: :D

Paul

Definately got to put these super special rally ones on my car then, can only give them a go and see what theyre like i guess..

jjs

i have a set of kyb dirtra specials. on the rear, the good thing with these are the hydraulic inserts are removable, unlike the standard nissan ones that are welded in,

Paul

Jim, do you know anything about the suspension ive got then? Ive phoned KYB who just passed me around and said that they cant help.. just want to get some information on them really