Knock sensor relocation

mattytappy

Just out of curiosity....has anyone else moved there knock sensor to the front of there engine for easier acsess as its a real bitch to get to even with all the bracketry taken of....seen this on the mods sight and wonderd on the does and donts of maybe doing this for future ease......?

And saving a right pain in the **** getting to it again....anyone thats done it must know how much of a bitch of a job it is.....especialy when you have pie fingers like moi:lol:

Shaun

That is actually the sensor for a KnockLink not the factory sensor.The only issue with fitting one there is it tends to be sensitive to cam and lifter noise.

mattytappy

The above picture is not of my car.....i used this picture as an example as this is just a picture of a knock link sensor.

When i saw where it had been positioned i thought that i may be a bit close to all the head noise, and may pick up too much noise from that alone, but to be honest when i changed mine for the first time i actuallt considerd moving mine to the front of the engine as it is such a tight spot to get too at the back of the engine and the thought of having to get to it all again if the sensor i purchased was still a bad one was a bit depressing to say the least.

I have re wired my knock sensor straight back to the ecu with new wire just as a precaution and ive added a bit of extra lenght to the wire because i was thinking as ive removed my air con unit at the front of the block there is a few holes left redundent, maybe it could be relocated there for ease of acsses in the future.?.

How heat resistant are the nissan knock sensors as this would put it right near all that turbo heat??