Is 1.1 bar safe

A

Anonymous

As the above says is 1.1 Bar safe to run on a stock engine? I installed a home made boost controller and I cant get the thing lower than that..... Hey it cost me 5 dollars.

If you are still in control. Your not trying!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It will be if your fuelling is spot on, best taken care of by an uprated fuel pump and some form of fuel controller. Uprated plug/clutch and a front mounted intercooler wouldn't go amiss either. [:D]

M

Mulisha

Had a cooler, wrecked a cooler. Thanks.

We race because other sports only require one ball

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You wrecked a front mount? How? Keep the top mount if you want, but go for an ARC one as the stock one wouldn't have been designed with 1,1 bar in mind, so won't be as efficient.

M

Mulisha

Well I was slowing down after competitively driving against a BMW Z3 and came upon a Stopped skyline GTR. the Z3 decided it was funny not to move out of my way. So I cut him off and hit a dirt patch and it all went down hill from there. 3 car wreck!

Smokin

A

Anonymous

quote:Originally posted by kat_nip_gone
As the above says is 1.1 Bar safe to run on a stock engine?

this is an original topic,isn`t it?
first off we discuss 1.4 bar on stock engine,then we go to 1.2 bar on a stock engine and now we`re down to 1.1 bar on a stock engine.
maybe we should start off at 1 bar,then go up in 0.1 bar increments every week.
or maybe we could just get the newbies to go thru the archives for at least a couple of weeks before they are allowed to post questions.

Jamesw

now there's a plan Gtir369!! [:D][:D][:D] increasingly the same questions are being asked over and over again. There is a SEARCH button you know guys.[:D][;)][;)]

1/4 mile driver for free may even buy you a burger and a BEER when we are there!

M

Mulisha

Thats funny, the topic started out on 1.1 bar. In the search, There was only 2 topics on that. And only a couple of replies. I dont care about 1.2 bar, 1.4 bar, uni-chip. I only asked one question. You dont have to drag it on and complain. I resent that newbie thing. I drive a 500hp GTR, thought about switching to the little one. Thanks for the support for those who replied.[:D]

A

Anonymous

quote:Originally posted by smokin_kat_nip
Thats funny, the topic started out on 1.1 bar. In the search, There was only 2 topics on that. And only a couple of replies. I dont care about 1.2 bar, 1.4 bar, uni-chip. I only asked one question. You dont have to drag it on and complain. I resent that newbie thing. I drive a 500hp GTR, thought about switching to the little one. Thanks for the support for those who replied.[:D]

now don`t go throwing the toys out of the pram [:D]
the difference between 1.1 bar and 1.2bar is 1.47psi at sea level.in other words ferk all and i would have thought a 500bhp gtr owner would have realised this [8D]