Internal engine cleaning

Perrin21

Anyone else watch Wheeler dealers last night and see the engine cleaning machine they used on the Jaguar XK? Edd said this was a new system. Has anyone heard of it and would it benefit the R? Im intreagued. I know putting engine flush in the R is a bad idea because it just moves the dirt but is this a different approach?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I can't watch it... Mike Brewer just gets right on my nerves; I'm happy enough with Ed China, but as soon as Mike turns up I change the channel.

warpspeed

or at least sent to another country far far away!!!! :lol: he did a tv bit on my mates R5GT turbo at a car show, my mate was busy with stuff for the owners club so asked his wife to look after the car while Mike did his tv bit, Mike kept on trying to sit on the wing/bonnet and my mates wife kept on telling him to get off as the paintwork was a one-off costing £5k, in the end Mike got pissed of being told not to sit on the car and told her the car wouldn't be featured and to take the car away, the guys an arsehole.

skiddusmarkus

Yeah I've noticed he likes to sit his fat arse all over the paintwork on the show.GF thinks I'm mental chuntering about his Levi 501 rivets scratching the bonnet.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I especially dislike when they take an old car, bolt parts from a newer model onto it, then sell it on. - That's practically fraud, and surely you could only sell that to someone who doesn't know what they're buying?

I also dislike that Ed's time and effort has no value; they may have only paid £5000 for a car and put £1000 of parts into it... but Ed spent three weeks doing it and that adds nothing to Mike's price at the end of the day?

geoff pine

Anyone else watch Wheeler dealers last night and see the engine cleaning machine they used on the Jaguar XK? Edd said this was a new system. Has anyone heard of it and would it benefit the R? Im intreagued. I know putting engine flush in the R is a bad idea because it just moves the dirt but is this a different approach?
I was under the impression that the super unleaded fuel was loaded with cleaning agents so why bother!! but why not be the guinea pig and let us know if it works .Looks like product placement to me :lol:

Perrin21

I was under the impression that the super unleaded fuel was loaded with cleaning agents so why bother!! but why not be the guinea pig and let us know if it works .Looks like product placement to me :lol:
OK fair play, i will be the guinnea pig. Someone help me find someone in lancashire with a machine and ill send the car off. Im drawing a blank on google.