intercooler

P

pulsarboby

yes but you will need to trim them right back so theres only the face of them left, as the ic will not fit otherwise!
the coolers are very good only downside being that the silicone hoses arent quite long enough (would be better if they were an 1'' longer)
other than that there as good as any other kit on the market.

btw you will still need to cut your bumper reinforcement bar as it wont fit otherwise;-)

are you sure?
I want bumber strips..
I dont like very much cut all front bumper.

100mm is good for the gti-r?has more lag?
I want modify pimping and reduce them

in the future I want turn turbo outlet down..
lancer evo style

P

pulsarboby

eeerm yep i think im sure:lol:

you will find more laggy than tmic, but nothing too sad, anything with longer pipe run is going to create a bit of lag on tubby, just make sure you lag the pipe that runs across the top of exhaust manifold, or you will still suffer heatsoak from it when at idle

gunmetalgtir

Yeah it will have more lag, if you're going to do custom piping then you could just buy a core on it's own and hoses from Samco or SFS. It may work out a little bit more expensive but it will be better overall.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but dependant of the power of the car (say a 1 bar mong) and speed/amount of gasses passed though it, would a 100mm core be a little over the top?

Great for cooling but wouldn't it create quite a bit more lag due to it taking longer to charge up the 100 core than say a 75 or 63mm core?

youngsyp

fubar andy said:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but dependant of the power of the car (say a 1 bar mong) and speed/amount of gasses passed though it, would a 100mm core be a little over the top?

Great for cooling but wouldn't it create quite a bit more lag due to it taking longer to charge up the 100 core than say a 75 or 63mm core?
Totally agree with you Andy. The 4" (100mm) core will be massively over the top for a mildy tuned car (less than 450 bhp probably) and will indeed give you more lag than the 'normal' 3" (75mm) FMIC core.

The 3" 'normal' core will be more than man enough for your needs and you will not see any benefits from the 4" core, just more negative issues.
If you could get a 2" (63mm) core, more so the better. The size increase and location of the FMIC core will be a lot more efficient than the TMIC would be and would be good enough for most needs.

Paul