Inlet manifold gaskets

gazgstar

Ok so had a boost leak for a while so decided to strip the inlet manifold to find what gasket has gone. Cant see anything obvious that would cause problems but I'm going to renew all the gaskets to rule it out and save me taking it apart again. At the moment I cant find all the gaskets I need, plenum etc. Only managed the one so far. Anyone changed all these before and knows where to get them??

Attachments

gazgstar

ok cheers. Do nissan still do all the other intake manifold gaskets aswell? The one I have is from cometic but they dont seem to do any others. Or is it a case of just making the gaskets myself instead?

gazgstar

Ok so contacted nissan with the correct part numbers during the week, all numbers and parts check out but been told there is no stock at all?? Even got a story about the tsunami in japan wiping out the stock lol. Think i may be able to get the throttle chamber gaskets but not sure how to go about getting this plenum gasket? Is loads of instant gasket the only way to go??

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Out of interest, how hard would it be to make my own inlet manifold gasket? - Obviously I wouldn't be laser-cutting anything, but I've got a sharp knife that could get through a couple of mm thick PTFE.

The reason I ask is that I read a thread somewhere about making gaskets from some resin board material (meant for industrial applications), and when I googled the product I found that I've got a client who makes similar things in the UK so I was thinking about asking for some to play with.
(As it turns-out they also have a laser cutting service, but I don't have any CAD files for them to follow.)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If you've got an inlet manifold gasket, I was going to replace mine when I pulled them off to get at the plumbing and replace the split hose.

So far they've suggested cork, so I'm going to need to point out some more appropriate materials... like PTFE sheet in an appropriate thickness; about as chemically resistant as you can find and rated to 315ºC