injector size

O

Odin

well everybody seems to be dif my car started running out of duty at 311bhp on powerstations roller's and some get to 350bhp, You can turn the fuel pressure up to 4bar and that will get you more power out of the standard injectors, I'v changed mine to 740's but it all depends on how much power you are looking for in the long run :wink: .

rob

geetee

injectors are their own science really.

Too big an injector on too low pressure or duty will dribble not spray.

Too small an injector on to high a pressure or too high a cycle... they tend to stick.

550s seem to be a common choice for up to 400bhp

Beyond that there's too much else involved to try to comment.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

AndrewD

geetee said:
injectors are their own science really.

Too big an injector on too low pressure or duty will dribble not spray.

Too small an injector on to high a pressure or too high a cycle... they tend to stick.

550s seem to be a common choice for up to 400bhp

Beyond that there's too much else involved to try to comment.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
no they arent ;)

basically if you know how much air (relative to power) you are pumping through the engine, and given your air fuel ratio, you can work it out yourself!

geetee

ever studied spray patterns relative to fuel pressure and duty cycle?

and off that combustion patterns and heat dispersal within the material of the cylinder and head??

and from that how much power???

Use your cardboard slide rule if you like, and run your standard injectors at 100% duty with a maxed out FPR.

Just don't cry later.

skiddusmarkus

I've gone for 700cc's(possibly could be 740's) for 400bhp+ as they'll cope fine with scope for more power if pressure raised.

ashills

at about 400bhp my 700s were hitting 70ish percent on standard fuel pressure
have had a chance to check what they are at on current map be interesting to see