induction kit

O

O.T.B

hi peeps tried to fit new air filter n kit and when fitted the engine hunts and eventually cuts out :cry: :cry: :cry: is this just down to tuning :cry: :evil:

JIMMYBACK

O.T.B said:
hi peeps tried to fit new air filter n kit and when fitted the engine hunts and eventually cuts out :cry: :cry: :cry: is this just down to tuning :cry: :evil:
u sure u fitted it right as in no gaps betewwn the filter maf adapter n maff?
did u knock any of the wiring that can affect it too :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It should behave the same as before you fitted it, so at a guess, you've probably disturbed the MAF in some way. Check it's all connected properly.
Like Jimmy suggested, check you've installed it properly as well.

O

O.T.B

:D cheers guys all sorted had a faulty adapter wuz drawing air so i made a new one :D sorted :!:

antgtir

This is interesting as mine does a similar thing except its fine on tick over but when you give it some gas it splutters, maybe mine was drawing air in?? hmm interesting. :? will have to check this.

I did get told that it may be a cause from a bad earth on the fuel pump so was just gonna uprate the pump then re wire it completely then try re fitting the airfilter.

Ant.

O

O.T.B

hi ant got the tickover ok :D but when i ran the car i had a very slow and spluttery boost :( i took off the kit and made a new adaptor which i sealed propperly this time made all the differance and car runs great for now!!!!!!!!! :D :D