Induction kit positioning...

Seeing a no-one answered my question in my "Member's Rs" thread, I thought I'd post it here instead :wink:

Has anyone else relocated their air filter to where I have done? Just wondered if anyone has had any water logging problems - I haven't yet, but I haven't driven her in heavy rain yet.

When the bumper is on, you can only just see the filter through the right-hand vent, tucked in behind the FMIC pipework, so it's in direct line of sight, but up and behind something else.

I'm hoping that it'll help, along with the FMIC, to keep the charge temps down as it's drawing air from outside the engine bay completely.

Thoughts on this? Am I insane or is it a good idea? :wink: :lol:

LeeSmith

I think it's a great idea, as long as it doesn't get too wet.

I remember a mate of mine who had a civic type R & did this, he noticed an improvement in it.

The air is fresh & sooooo much colder than in the engine bay.

O

Odin

I think it's a very good idear matey 8) , I think the only time your have trouble is if you ran into a deep puddle that covered the filter and I don't think thats going to happen do you.

I woudn't of thought that it would get to wet behind there as the bumper will protect it and the liner stops the water getting to it from the wheel side.

rob

Thanks chaps.

I have noticed a mid-range pickup difference, but since I did this at the same time as the FMIC was fitted, I don't know how much difference to attribute to each mod :wink:

Certainly at 1.25 bar, she's a little animal. Can't wait to get her mapped properly :D

1.5 bar is gonna be :twisted:

warringtonjack

Funnily enough, some Leon Turbo's use an induction kit by Carbonio, that puts the filter right down behind the bumper, much like your effort! Good job fella.

youngsyp

If you really are worried about water incress, AEM do a little do-hicky that will sit in the induction line, preferably well away from where water could get to it, and should the filter become submerged or blocked, it's bypassed and the sucking happens through the AEM bit of kit !

It's like a silicon connection pipe with a flying saucer in the middle. Have a look at this: http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item_detail.php?prodID=2632

Cheers

Paul