idle

P

pulsar passion

Guys, here's one that i found rather interesting, my R' has and idle issue, it's hunts between 1500 - 1750 rpm when warm which seems a little high but here's wats got me, when stopped and out of gear with my foot off the brake it can idle and between the above range but when i put my foot on the brake it drops about 200 rpm. i don't understand it has to be electricalbut what? cheers

antgtir

The master cylinder works on a vacuum and draws energy from the engine which will lower revs slightly.

That range seems very high, have you looked for vacuum leaks? How does the car run, hesitant etc?

Ant.

youngsyp

As Ant has said, because the GTiR has servo assisted brakes, when you use them, the servo is constantly drawing on the vacuum circuit of the engine. This will add to the vacuum level the engine is seeing so, your rpm level will lower.

You've almost certainly got a vacuum leak somewher if your idle speed is that high.
With the stock crankcase breather system removed and replaced with a VTA catch tank, the PCV circuit removed and vacuum points sealed and the charcoal cannister and pipe work removed, my idle sits at between 900 and 950 rpm when warm and around 1250 to 1500 rpm when cold.

Paul

P

pulsar passion

guys i haven't looked for leaks and i'm not particulary sure where do you guys have some info or guides that could help me with looking for vacuum leaks, my car does hesitate and doesn't seem to be running great. cheers

P

pulsar passion

my car also seems to not be pulling as much either. it says on the gauge that it's running 15 psi but just doesn't seem to be pulling that much

P

pulsar passion

mate, i don't know why you had to be a smart ass bout it, we all aren't pro's like your good self so chill out give people a fair go round here.

Dasilva

i had similar issues i removed all the vacuum pipes using one of those rubber nibble kits that some one on here sells.

Made little difference.... checked on the throttle bodies were balanced...all fine.
replaced the idle control valve round the back for another second hand one (made sure the idle screw was wound in) little difference.

As an next stage option fitted a earthing kit to the engine bay this has helped loads, idles down to 1000 1100, but sometimes sits around 1500... so next i'm going to try improving earth on the MAF