idle speed now temp sender fixed

N

NISM0

:roll: sory to keep asking questions, well i'm not realy sory but now the r is fixed againe(touch wood, what idle speed is correct when cold it idle on over fuel or choke at1500 then drops slowly to 1000, when temp up i rag it a bit and it will not idle past 1200 1100 rpm is this ok or am i worying about notheing, cheers :twisted: :?:

Nigell_d6

Hi,

when warmed through should idle about 850to 900 depending on the engine you have got, never really thought about the cold idle but I think its about 1000,

Regards

Nigel

N

NISM0

engine

has mild tune, hks bov hks induction, mongose strat thrue, poss chip don't know about chip, any ideas

GTIR-LOZ

sounds like the typical hot idle prob loads of people have, your temp sender was prob telling the car it was cooler than it was so the idle did not settle properly now it is , it looks like the idle control solenoid either wants adjusting or is seized and wants replacing, same as mine :wink: but only does it in hot weather mainly

N

NISM0

idle

ah ok will check, where is it located? and how easy to play with, the other thig is that its doing it in the cold, cheers

GTIR-LOZ

1500 is about right for cold start, and will drop to 900ish so thats ok its when it is warm there is a prob the idle control solenoid is located under the intake manifold and a bugger to get to i think you have to take it off there is a procedure to turn down idle if its working i think you get car to running temp, then turn off disconnect throttle position sensor start engine rev it to 3k 3 or so times and then let it settle the figure should be your stock idle position you can turn it down or up using the screw down on the right hand side of the engine under the intake pipe, there maybe a hose covering iti think you can only turn it a quarter of a turn at a time then refit all and turn off and repeat, dont ask me which way to turn it though as it never works on mine lol :lol: :wink: