Idle controll

Rscozzy

Under inlet manifold there's a connector think it's idle control not sure when I in plug it it doesn't make s difference to idle

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That's not the det sensor then.

Have you done a fault code check? - I'm just wondering if the ECU knows it's cold and should be doing a fast idle.
It could just be that the solenoid has got gummed-up and is stuck.

Rscozzy

Not done a fault code read When
Start car 1st thing in morning car revs to 1500 to 2000 revs when driving car it idles between 1000 to 1200 revs But sometimes goes back to 1500 to 2000 revs and I get a lot of backfiring when I put foot down it
Jerks and backfires

BMCC

The cold start valve is just a heated strip of metal which slowly expands and closes over so obviously it needs a plug. I think SMO had a pic of a inlet mani on his for sale add so have a look at this. There are two plugs one purple one brown (one for cold start and other for idle control). I'd plug both in. If your car is backfiring then I'd change the engine temp sensor (ECU not gauge) as this could be causing your over fueling.

EDIT: The Fast Idle warm up is controlled by the Air Regulator (sits below and to the right) of the IACV (AAC and FICD combined)

Last edited:

BMCC

Yes the ECU Engine Temp Sensor is next to the Gauge sender unit. It's on an elbow, just look down below the master brake cylinder and you will see them.I changed the gauge sensor as well while I was at it. A bit of a git to get to, helps if you've got wee jap hands (which I haven't)......

I got my sensor from Camskills but I can't see anything on the Internet from this company except for tyres. Ebay link looks like the sensor to me:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Su...1087815965?clk_rvr_id=997771065344&rmvSB=true