Idle control valve

R

ROSSGTIR

Does anyone have any photos of the idle control valve, im trying to locate it as my idle is quite erratic, just gonna take it off and lubricate it as im sure its sticking open :?
Or alternatively can someone tell me where to look cheers :)

R

ROSSGTIR

cheers for the pic mate but where is it :lol:
dont know where im supposed to be looking :lol:

MarkTurbo

Its the bit with the purple wiring connector, 3 allen key head bolts, and a pipe coming off the bottom of it.

Can you see the bit i'm on about now :lol: Sorry i'm c r a p at explaining things :oops:

K

kerry

which angle is that taken from so i can get a better idea where it is?

also would it cause the idle to be low as i thought it usually causes idle to be high and low

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The oil filter (bottom right) should give it away :wink:

It's taken directly from behind and shot upwards slightly. The left side of the picture would be the passenger side of the car (if it were fitted)

MarkTurbo

kerry said:
which angle is that taken from so i can get a better idea where it is?

also would it cause the idle to be low as i thought it usually causes idle to be high and low
That picture was taken from underneath the car with the engine dropped on the floor :wink:

If you look in the top left of the picture, theres a housing with 3 bolts under the plenum. Theres a little screw on this (facing out towards the passenger strut) which adjusts the idle :D

K

kerry

surely its not ideal to turn the idle up without knowing a cause as to why it dropped in the first place :?

MarkTurbo

Sorry, thought you meant it had always been low and you wanted to turn it up.

No, it would be best to find out why it had dropped first :?