Idle Control Valve Removal

Keira

i took one off last night but the engine was out :p wouldn't fancy doing it in situ tbh :(

although nothing ventured nothing gained, plenum could probably stay put..

good luck :wink:

MarkTurbo

I had to take mine off the other day, it took me about 2 mins 8)

But i dont have that stupid Y bracket on, i knew i left it off for a good reason :lol:

Keira

are you not concerned about hair growing from strange places and you starting to talk backwards cos people would have it that removing the y bracket is the work of the devil :lol:

MarkTurbo

kieron said:
are you not concerned about hair growing from strange places and you starting to talk backwards
I thought that was normal :shock: :lol:

I have every confidance that removing it wont be a problem :wink:

gtir350

Took mine off with the engine in and the Y bracket still on,
Was a PAIN!

And after fitting a new control vavle still had high idle, So just unplugged it

Dave

O

Olly

it can be done but you need time and the hands of god to do in situ, made no difference to my idle at all, so what i waste of time that was, just was curious really :lol:

Mark N

I had high tickover (about 1500) till this weekend, i read on here how to turn it down by unplugging the Throttle Position Sensor and turning the screw. But when i came to unplugging the sensor it was really dirty and full of s h 1 t, so i took it off and cleaned it up, also sprayed some WD40 on the connectors. Now it seems to be ticking over fine (about 950).

I don't know if you've tried that, worth ago. :D

Snap!

Turned the idle screw in a few turns then hey presto it ticks over just under 1k!

Bugger, didnt disc the TPS though! oops hope this hasnt effected it to much!!

Gaz

GTIR-LOZ

my high idle seems to be related to my opil temperature, when it goes above 90 degrees it starts to idle high - go figure??

O

Olly

GTIR-LOZ said:
my high idle seems to be related to my opil temperature, when it goes above 90 degrees it starts to idle high - go figure??
Yeap i know what ya mean, my screws right in! but i put it down to my timing postion on dizzy bit advanced.