Ibc gizzmo boost controller

turbazz

I have one of these boost controllers and struggling to Set it up properly. I have the manual and read it thoroughly. Fully understand how the unit works. Problem I am having is that I am turning the boost up which you have to do in a percentage and is not having no effect.

at 20% it boosts 0.3 bar

70% also boosts about .3 bar.

I also adjust the gain. Again had no affect.

Does anyone use this controller

johnny gtir

I dont but is it all connected properly boost solinoid working ok ? Dose it show 0.3 then go back to 0 on real time boost ?

Fusion Ed

Check the the solenoid pulses when you first turn it on. Remove it and hold it in your hand if you have to. Something sounds faulty to me.

turbazz

Okay I checked the pipe work today did a bit of testing with a mate.... The pipework to the best of my knowledge seems to be plumbed in correct. I Have a separate mechanical boost gauge which is also hitting .3 bar same as the live reading on the ibc.

My mate pointed out maybe the actuator is standard actuator which I believe it opens at 0 .7??
electronic boost controller cannot go over this.. Because I am setting it at 70-80% boost it would equivalent 0.4 bar

then I thought solenoid would make actuator open later..?

Who is correct? Also if I'm not getting more than 0.3 could be I have a dodgy actuator ? Boost leak?

how should I go about this thanks in advance.

turbazz

Thanks for the reply not tried that mate. Why do you suggest this?
you think that this controller maybe dodgy.. Should I expect to hit standard boost..?
if not does that point towards the actuator

and in reply to Johnny real-time boost does go back to 0

Last edited: