i keep spinning my rear wheels in the tyres and loose air he

N

NISM0

got 292 bhp at 6500 rpm adn everytime i monster it off the lights my rear tyres loose air presur, i can only assume my wheels are spinning in the tyres, can any one help

cheers

N

NISM0

tyers wheels

tyres are goodyear eagle's not that good i spose, size 205 50 15 and wheals are racing sparko jap alloys proper track wheels i think, look a bit like bbs type things

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Where the tyres sealed correctly?

Whe you say they're losing pressure, is it the next time you measure the pressures or do you simply mean you are losing grip at the back?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check the tyres carefully for punctures or objects stuck in.
A couple of months back, I had what looked like a piece of razor blade sitting in one of the grooves in the tyre. The tyre would go down randomly and I couldn't see this thin slice of metal sitting edge on.

N

NISM0

driving style

30 psi to start at the start of jurney, week etc. drive for a week and thay are fine(no monstering off the line. if i then monster from standing still then take pressures thay read between 5 and 10 psi(rear tyres only) and i'm not mistaking this for wheel spin, ive had a few of these cars, cheers

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Re: driving style

NISM0 said:
30 psi to start at the start of jurney, week etc. drive for a week and thay are fine(no monstering off the line. if i then monster from standing still then take pressures thay read between 5 and 10 psi(rear tyres only) and i'm not mistaking this for wheel spin, ive had a few of these cars, cheers
Sorry mate, didn't quite understand the question. 5-10psi is a lot in one go

:shock:

Something is definately wrong and it can only be the tyres weren't/won't seal properly, the tyres are split/punctured/faulty, your valve is faulty.

All 3 would require the tyre to be re-fitted to be solved so might be worth getting down a garage sooner rather than later.

Jim

N

NISM0

new or old tyers

both rear and front tyers are new ish, about couple months, the wheels have never been refernished except for when i did the spokes etc. its been anothe week and ive driven very carfully and thay are fine, i'm going to larg it clos to work and then see what happens. whatch this space