i get some idea for GTI-R gearbox

P

power_GTI-R

hi to all

i get an idea to fix the case breaking

i make my search and find some company that can make any kind of gearbox case .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed Product Description

Material: aluminum alloy or magnesium We can produce die-casted moulds as customers'
requirements

http://cmmould.en.alibaba.com/product/50165624/50952726/Automotive_Parts/Gear_Box.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but i dont now what is the Minimum Order to made for us our special design for our gearbox casei think if we can talk to company and explain our problem the will help us and share to make new strong design for the gear box case.

sorry my english too poor. :oops:

Would probably help to get some idea of price for, say an order of 5 and an order of 10.

There are a few people on here with uprated gearsets that have the concern about the casing now being weaker than the gears. I *might* be interested depending on costs involved.

JIMMYBACK

i think everyone is the right mind would e interested matey phone the company and find out the prices.you will find people quening around the corner for one of these:thumbsup:

Fazz

From what I've seen its mainly the internals that go not the casing.

But a nice idea for those interested, if the cost isn't too high.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Fazz said:
From what I've seen its mainly the internals that go not the casing.

But a nice idea for those interested, if the cost isn't too high.

Where have you been hiding...

Its the Casing that pops... Not the gearset... Well unless you are silly enough to use the standard gearset...

Using the likes of Quaife Helical Gears you get thrust load which causes the shaft to pop out the end of the casing...

Problem can be solved by using a Brace, Better Casing or Straight Cut Gears. Straight Cut Gears removes the thrust load..

Rishi

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I thought Rob had found a company that could do a new casting ages ago?

Magnesioum would be nice and light, but very exspensive and it would need some protection against the elements as salt water kills magnesium. (At least I think it was magnesium we tested in the RAF, dissolved it overnight:doh: )

P

power_GTI-R

tanks for reply guys

this company in china and i don't think soo the cost will be to high mybe 200 to 350 USD .

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I can have one made for about £15k

Other Option is the NISMO Magnesium Casing costing £65k

But if its just going to disolve on the UK roads then its not really worth it... Not that the £65k price tag was in the first place...

Rishi

Fazz

my mistake! thought the quaiffe was just the internals and the casing remained standard!!

decent price so indeed.

P

power_GTI-R

Fast Guy said:
I was looking at this yesterday. I don't have a clue if it would go onto our car tho.

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=101560&
my GTI-R convert to fwd i am using nissan bluebird housing and nissan maxima 2000 internal gearset its rs5f50a and custom axel drive shift it running more than 500+ whp @ 25 psi iam using sc6152e turbo riated to 630 hp but finaly i break gear no3 the maxima internal gearset its alomst same the GTI-R gearbox .

DONT GO TO FWD THIR IS NO TRACTION SPECIALY WITH HIGH HP

thir is no option for me i will back to AWD with PPG Straight Cut gear .

B

bkvj

thats just common sence lol.

it could have worked with a 200sx S14/S15 maybe? (the S14 box is 5 gears and stronger and the S15 is six)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
power_GTI-R said:
That wasn't the point of my post, it was wether that gearcase/gearset could replace ours while staying 4wd as it's allegedly good for 500bhp.