How many would be interested in a proper manifold for the R

S

Sirnixalot

There would be 2 types

Top mounted turbo (like mine) 685gbp + shipping

Bottom mounted turbo (like the standard) 685gbp +shipping

Both would have an option of having an external wastegate port (65gbp extra)

Shipping will be between 125 and 140gbp Via UPS. It will reach your door in 3 buisness days

If you dont like the shipping price well tough nuts for you because i am not shipping it without insurance or a tracking number. And besides it will be at your door in 3 working days.

We will need to know the turbo (and wastegate if external) you plan to run along with the preffered configuration (top or bottom mounted turbo).

The manifolds will be made from schedule 40 carbon steel. 3.625mm thick runners and 1/2" flanges. This stuff doesnt have the same expansion rate as stainless. We wil not be able to offer ceramic coating because it would not be cost effective. It is recommended that you get it coated though.

Just reply saying if you would be interested.

P

purplemonster

NO CHANCE AT ALL

You want to make them for £680+£100,then another 200 inport tax

dosnt look like a good deal to me ,typical tuner prices which are way over the top
why when a 200sx ebay manifold fits and works
just my 2p worth

zia

would it not be wiser to wait to see if your suffers from cracking? is carbon steel more endurable than stainless?

zia

S

Sirnixalot

Purple monster that is the most ignorant statment ive ever read. You have never seen one being made so you dont know what it takes. It is not a typical tuner price as you say. Think before you speak. What you are saying is you would rather have an inferior product which breaks every few months and you have to hack it up further reducing its reliability or hack up your radfans to get it to fit? Cause thats what i got from your statment.

P

purplemonster

so mine cracks? ..... i buy another 2 new ones and thats still less than half of what these would cost me?
where sthe senee there ,yes these are very hard to make cheaply? .and im not ignorant just wise with my money ,

how can these other maniold be that bad ,as they work fine? back up your claims and make these manifolds and prove they are better .until then we can both stick to our own opionons

good luck with the manfolds ,no hard feelings ,i just like to voice my opnion when i feel the need too .

Rob

S

Sirnixalot

zia said:
would it not be wiser to wait to see if your suffers from cracking? is carbon steel more endurable than stainless?

zia
the fabricator has the same materials in his manifold on shi S14 Silvia for about 3months now....his isnt ceramic coated but its heat wrapped with no cracking :D

S

Sirnixalot

purplemonster said:
so mine cracks? i buy another 2 new one and thats still less than half of what these would cost me?
where the sesne there

anyway enough of my opionion and let this guy sell his manifold .which im sure will be a work of art

Rob
2-3 ebay manifolds later you could have had one of these and not gone through all that trouble.

S

srbpower

It's like with everything you pay for what you get! There are reasons why HKS manifolds for examples are three times the costs of the stainless shite you get of ebay. Because unlike the normal 2mm crap of ebay they don't crack.

Sirnixalot any spec ie thickness etc and some pics.

Si :)

P

purplemonster

ill take my chances with them,and they are 2.8mm think .not 2mm

ROB,

S

Sirnixalot

here is a comparison between regular exhaust pipe (what they use on the
ebay manifolds) and the stuff my fabricators use.

Just a note...i make absolutely nothing from these manifolds and i am handling all the shipping stuff AND my car is the one thats used to make these on.

S

srbpower

All this 2mm 3mm is rubbish anyway, it's not the thickness that makes it's strength and gives it resistance to cracking, it's the whole process by which the thing is made from the start. You get what you pay for in this game and quality comes at a price. I guess it's different if you are changing something like a manifold yourself, it's just your own time. If you're paying a garage x amount per hour to change it each time then I'd much rather shell out the cash on the product itself than on labour :D

Dan

S

Sirnixalot

The deal i have with them is that i provide them the car and they do the rest. I get my car back in one piece and i fine. I'm doing or will do this for you guys if you want the stuff. I have no problem with doing so because the same proverbial blood runs through your veins, you lot are family to me. :)

S

srbpower

Don't dude, you'll them all throw up :shock: :D :D

Just kiddin bud :wink:

Dan

zia

hyperthetically speaking ofcourse, were i to buy hks 3037, and want to mount it below with ext wastegate what quarantee would i have that it would all plumb up correctly. i mean it long way to your neck of the woods, if it doesn,t line up with downpipe etc and it goes bit wrong 1 year down the line. not trying to be negative.

zia

S

Sirnixalot

Well i still have my standard down pipe. If you need im sure they could fab up a dump pipe that would mate with the standard down pipe location.

However i am just refferring to the manifold. They would probably use a standard turbo and dump pipe to make the bottom mount manifold.

I will ask them about that and get back to you.

Websnowbo

We wouldn't need to pay import tax would we?

As it not coming from a company but from an individual?

Cheers Nikko for all the good work.

P

purplemonster

i would double check there if i was you ,i have bought alot form the states and japan,and inport tax is added to any item over $36.even if it is a gift

and if the UK post doubts what it is they will all add tax and hanlding which adds up to quite alot ,just double check

ROB