HKS super bov???

N

Nik_GTI-R

Ok just a quickie.My mate has just got another pulsar and they arent really his field so hes asked me to find out a few things.
1stly it has been fitted with the early style hks super b.o.v and it dosnt really make a noise.Shudnt it have some sound to it??His other pulsar only has the standard recirc and its louder.The sbov is also quite a bit away from the tb,would it be louder if he cut the pipe down a bit and got it closer to the tb??
It also has a small vacum that comes off the top and goes to the carbon canister,is that normal??It has a vacum from the inlet aswell going to it which is normal.

Also where is the 1 bar boost loop guide??Ive searched high and low and cant find the fooker.

Hope sum1 can help.

youngsyp

If it's one of the old SSQV's and not making any sound, it might be seized ?!

Realistically, it won't make much difference if you shorten the hose to it, unless it really is a long hose run.

Iirc, the older types do have a vac in and vac out. You could try swapping them around and changing where they get the vacuum from but, again, it probably won't make much difference.

I'd start with removing it, stripping it down and making sure it is fully functional !

Paul

N

Nik_GTI-R

Its a pretty long hose run like.Worth a try shortening it.
Its deffo a vac in vac out set-up.Cant swap them around either as theres a pretty big diameter size difference.

U any idea where i can find the 1 bar boost loop guide??

Cheers for the help al let him know to take it apart and have a look inside.

youngsyp

Nik_GTI-R said:
Its a pretty long hose run like.Worth a try shortening it.
Its deffo a vac in vac out set-up.Cant swap them around either as theres a pretty big diameter size difference.

U any idea where i can find the 1 bar boost loop guide??

Cheers for the help al let him know to take it apart and have a look inside.
As you say, it can't hurt to shorten the hose....

I have no idea where the info is for the 1 bar loop mod mate, sorry !

I do have a mechanical boost controller similar to the Dawes Device he can have for a tenner plus postage though.
It should work better than the loop mod too as, it'll keep the wastegate shut until the set boost level is reached as, it doesn't bleed any positive pressure off. That'll mean better spool up !
That wasn't a hard sell, just giving you some ideas ! ;-)

Paul