Hks Ssqv

beanyv6

hello ive got one of these on my car and it doesnt sound that loud two me. i've been told u can get inserts for them (purple/yellow) i've got a purple one also theres a bolt in the back which u screw in or out. which way does it need to go to make it louder

AFAIK, nothing can make it louder except more boost up its chuffer.

The inserts change the sound, the screw makes it blow off at less pressure. Wind it out to make it go off easier.

youngsyp

The screw will not alter the loudness of the valve, simply the amount of pressure it'll take to open the small valve. Screw it in to keep the valve shut longer (higher boost) and screw it out to get the valve to open quicker (lower boost) !

The best way to make it louder is to aim the outlet of the BOV, at the bonnet vent near it. That way, the sound can escape easier !

You could also up your boost. The more boost it has to vent, the louder it'll be !

azboy

i got this prob i fitted mine and tryed lots of ajustments and sounded crap so put my old hks bov back on which wont hold more that 1.2 bar but sounds much better ive never seen the kind before but it has two vacume hoses running to it and is not ajustable

Major_Sarcasm said:
AFAIK, nothing can make it louder except more boost up its chuffer.

The inserts change the sound, the screw makes it blow off at less pressure. Wind it out to make it go off easier.
youngsyp said:
The screw will not alter the loudness of the valve, simply the amount of pressure it'll take to open the small valve. Screw it in to keep the valve shut longer (higher boost) and screw it out to get the valve to open quicker (lower boost) !

You could also up your boost. The more boost it has to vent, the louder it'll be !
Spot the difference :lol:

youngsyp

Major_Sarcasm said:
Spot the difference :lol:
Ok !

You put up a very general answer which, you didn't seem sure of and I put up a more detailed answer that, I know to be fact !

How's that for you ?! :lol: