hks flywheel

B

boozyboo

my mate is selling a hks flywheel for a 200sx (7.5kg) would it fit my r. i know it might need modding abit but its going well cheap. my clutch is uprated. my crank has to come out soon any way so i thought it might be good to do now.

cheers fellers & lasses

p.s yes bobby i know its not the top of my list :lol: but i might aswell do it now.

O

Odin

I believe the bolts used on the flywheel to crank are smaller on the 200sx.....

Rob

B

boozyboo

Odin said:
I believe the bolts used on the flywheel to crank are smaller on the 200sx.....

Rob
So if i open the holes up abit the bolts would go in, do they line up ok.

cheers rob

Trondelond

From the 200sx/RNN14 thread in the FAQ : "Crank - fits yes but flywheel holes are smaller and requires the use of those inferior rod bearings as above"

:)

B

boozyboo

Trondelond said:
From the 200sx/RNN14 thread in the FAQ : "Crank - fits yes but flywheel holes are smaller and requires the use of those inferior rod bearings as above"

have you got the link plz mate because i cant find it.

cheers

P

pulsarboby

you cant pay any attention to that lewis, as its ass about face if you know what i mean.
the fly will fit but the holes need to be drilled out to enable you to use the bigger bolts that the gtir crank takes, if you get my drift!
no good doing it with your black n decker either, they need to be spot on or you could end up with a passenger being turned into a girl by a stray flywheel (aron would not make a very pretty girl) lol

soin

or you could just buy mine at around 5kg and R specific ... jun superlightweight fly , purchased for £329 a few years back , done about 7k miles on it ...£175 to your door

MINESGTIR

Im running a HKS GD PRO clutch (200sx) and a HKS flywheel (200sx)

All you do is machine the bolt holes larger on the flywheel and it goes straight on.

DownunderGTiR

so the 200sx clutch will fit with no problem?
only need to machine the bolt holes on the flywheel larger and it should all fit prefectly?

i just want to make sure....cause i will be upgrade my clutch within week...

Thank

MINESGTIR

My Modified release bearing im using on the HKS GD PRO clutch (200sx)

It had to be modified to work. Hope this helps

MINESGTIR

its the GTIR release bearing.. ill ask my friend what he did specifically... the GD PRO clutch is a stunning clutch..

it can handle 500bhp.. for £1500 i doubt many will buy one... however .. it feels nicer then the standard one.. in traffic its awesome... i am extremly impressed !

the flywheel is £450 too which is £2000 for a clutch/flywheel setup which is cerazy money.. however i paid £700 all boxed and sealed with recent receipt and am so glad i go it ... itll handle the 400bhp im going for without breaking a sweat... plus repair kit is only £300 ish from the states and itll last fooking ages !

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Trondelond said:

1 - that quote is 3 - 4 years old!

2 - you are refering to the Crank and Rod Bearings and not the Flywheel!! 2 very different parts!

Flywheel just requires the bolt holes to be opened up a little.. Any good machine shop can do this very easily for you!