HKS Dump Valve

gunmetalgtir

How come the old HKS dump valve has spaces for 2 small hoses to go onto it and the SSQV only has one? What is the second part for on the old style valve?

youngsyp

It's probably just improved design on the new one ?!

Wasn't the old one a sequential valve too ? If so, 1 vacuum take off would be for the 1st valve and the second, for the 2nd valve !

youngsyp

gunmetalgtir said:
Yeah the old one was a sqv as well, what hoses would I connect to both of these??
Just use a 'T' or 'Y' piece and connect the BOV's two hoses to the normal BOV vac pipe !

gunmetalgtir

Anyone know how much boost the old style HKS dump valve can hold? Mine is fine up to 0.9 bar but anything over that it opens up and loses boost. I take it putting a stronger spring in it would solve this problem?

youngsyp

gunmetalgtir said:
I take it putting a stronger spring in it would solve this problem?
It would.
If the BOV is old enough, the original spring is probably tired. Although, I thought the HKS BOV' were 'pull' type designs and so, couldn't leak under boost ?!

J

jpward

gunmetalgtir said:
Anyone know how much boost the old style HKS dump valve can hold? Mine is fine up to 0.9 bar but anything over that it opens up and loses boost. I take it putting a stronger spring in it would solve this problem?
Hello thats about the pressure i could run before mine leaked

As Paul said you need to T off the vacuum line the second hose is to keep it closed during idle but the new design is different in that being pull design it will hold as much pressure as you throw at it but needs fine adjustment on idle to stay closed.

From memory the old type bov barbs are different sizes ;-)