hks afr.

coxie

had the afr fitted today and checked with the luminition. on 1.25 bar on the evc4 the luminition was displaying rich off the scale. we stopped the car and backed off the afr from 6-5 and now we are at no4. the instructions say less than 6 is weakening the a/f ratio and 6 to 12 richens it by .2 at a time. like i said we are still on no4 with the luminition display the correct a/f ratio if still a little rich. from what i have read other people seem to be on 8/9 and sometimes ten. the car has 1.25 bar,adj fuel pressure reg and hi-teq uprated fuel pump.. we checked the gas sensor and it is spot on. anybody any ideas as i don.t want my car to die.

A

Anonymous

Is your gauge defo. correct? Just cos it says it's running rich deosn't mean it is. Other that that does it read rich all through the rev range? Don't want it leaning off higher up. Just guessing. Come on guys, some one must be able to offer more help than this.

Dunc

coxie

thanks for the help, the guage was brand new.

what do people think of the luminition and is there a better alternative.

A

Anonymous

I guess the best alternative would be something like an Apexi S-AFC. They offer you far more adjustment. Other than that take it down to a trusted tuner. You say had it fitted. By who? It could be worth getting the fitter to check/set it up. Where are you based? I sure someone can recommend a good tuner in your area.

Dunc

turblio

Check your fuel pressure reg as these do not need to be turned up much
unless you are running big bhp most R's dont even need one
Frank

coxie

it was fitted by my best mate who is a mechanic at middlehurst nissan. live two minutes from hi-teq and have asked them to check fuelling at the end of the week. since i got the car only my mate and hiteq are allowed to touch the car. i don't trust anyone else. their standard of work is the best.