hks afr setting help please

eliters

Hi all,ive got a 91 r with a hks afr fitted.
when i got the car it was set on 7 which is 1+ on standard setting.
now to me that seemed rich?
now i have a afr gauge in the car,and on full boost (7+ on standard gauge)it says full richness and seems to choke a bit when blipping throtle from idle.
so i took it back to 6 which is centre and givess normal ecu reichness thru the rev range and it seems better,and stil is showing full rich on full boost.
now my dilemma is this.
common sense says it should be in "optimal" on boost with maybe a slight lean toward rich.
but my 11 years experience with turbo cars says it best to be rich so it doesnt melt?

ive only just got the car and the spec as far as i know is hks downpipe/decat,full stainless mongoose,induction kit,and i think the guy said just under 1 bar,but with out a uk gauge i canot confirm,i think he said the bleed valve was adjusted 1/8 of a turn out .
from fully in(standard)unsure on fuel pump as have no idea how to find it??
i did think of fiting a walbro and fmic as a safety net but justwated some advice re setting u the fuellin to begin with lol.
all relies welcomed,cheers neil.:-D

zenwahwong56

Hi,

Are you using a wideband sensor or narrow band, as our cars come with narrow, so your gauge will not be correct, it will only light up to rich, like a light show.
you need a wideband sensor to monitor it, but I have been told these have short life spans, so you dont really want to keep it on for long periods.
you really want to get the R on Rollers to see if all is well, as you only just bought it!!

eliters

excellent thanks,that explains why it goes mad except when on boost,must be narrow band,will wide band fit in do you know and also do you know a good rr near suusex?
cheers neil.