Hiteq's HKS manifold

chrisniss91

Whilst my car is at hiteq is it worth getting there manifold as well :?: I am thinking in the long run, or are they not worth it really :?:

Has any one got one from there :?: any comments :)

E

Edd

which manifold is it?
Is the same as the one on mine?
Only say as it's for an S14 and imo it does stick out quite a lot and you may need to make radiator alterations and move the fans even with a std turbo, I'm sure Ian will know more but i'm thinking of ditching the manifold for custom made one as it pushes the turbo out so far to the rad especially with bigger turbo :cry:

chrisniss91

OK cheers :) I am not sure really which one just looked on there site and saw manifold so io thought would it be worth it :)

E

Edd

at over £900 plus the fact you'd need custom oil and water lines and gaskets, your probably looking at £1100 fitted :cry: which could probably be spent better elsewhere (brakes etc)
I think that is the same manifold i've got that is listed there, it's nice manifold, but mine was ceramic coated aswell (another £200) so as you can see it starts to get expensive :shock:
And don't think you'd get a massive gain until you went upto a larger turbo.

end of the day it's up to you, the manifold's nice and i hope to keep mine but if you need custom rad/fans like mine did it'll just whack the whole lot to well over £1500 just for a manifold which is sh*t loads really :cry:

K

krikra

around 140 gbp.. Not much!
I was also thinking about trying this manifold - instead of bying one of the many S14 manifold and modify it to fit the R..

chrisniss91

Vpulsar, when you got your turbo from them what are they like to deal with :?: I know Gingas turbo took ages to arrive but do they reply to emails etc :?: :wink:

ashills

that manifold is a direct fit as far as a know from jgy
they are working on a full tubular one in stainless that i will be getting to try as soon as they come avaliable

think there gonna be 600 quid maybe less but will be very good quality

end of the day the standard manifold is fine to 400ish and with some porting etc 420-430

theres even cars in the states running into the 500s on it so as standard manifolds go its a gooden

N

Ninja_tune_factory

do u need a ex-wastgate for this manifold ? will it work with a standed or hybrid tubby with wastgate bilt on the side of the tubby ?