Hiteq hks intercooler kit

marcymarc

Hi just a quickie if i may

Does anyone have any info on these coolers, i have done a search but all the info is a bit patchy :lol: , i know rishi had one, not sure if he stil has.

Whats the pipe run like in comparrison to say a hybrid??

thanks

Last edited:

ashills

very similar to the hybrid i have a full kit in the garage the coolers are very good aswell think ian makes the pipe work to suit car when he fits them so some might be different depending on car

marcymarc

ashills said:
very similar to the hybrid i have a full kit in the garage the coolers are very good aswell think ian makes the pipe work to suit car when he fits them so some might be different depending on car

Is your hybrid for sale and how new is it ifso?

Mr GTiR

I know someone who has the Hi Teq f/m/i/c kit for sale. It's a HKS core.

I thought you had given up with GTiR's and moved onto something else?

marcymarc

Mr GTiR said:
I know someone who has the Hi Teq f/m/i/c kit for sale. It's a HKS core.

I thought you had given up with GTiR's and moved onto something else?

:lol: i was always gonna get another R Andy , havent you seen my wanted thread , im on the look out for a nice ivory number, im actually cosidering importing one at the mo

Ill always have a pulsar i think, just love em, dont know why :lol:

Cossie is tucked up in my grandads garage, just waiting for a warm day and no salt on the road :lol:

Im gonna get an R on the track this year if it kills me, ive just got to do it!!!

turbodaily

ive got one on mine, pipe material is top quality stainless steel. pipe run looks to be the same as a hybrid kit, but the piping on the hybrids are shite quality.

Braveheart

turbodaily said:
ive got one on mine, pipe material is top quality stainless steel. pipe run looks to be the same as a hybrid kit, but the piping on the hybrids are shite quality.
IMOA it's the IC core that's important. The pipe work that runs over the exhaust manifold and through the engine bay should be lagged anyway.;-)

turbodaily

well ive seen alot of these hybrid/chinese kits where the welds have broken on the pipework, and the chrome finishing flakes off after a couple of months.

i prefer the pipe run on the forge kits myself, where it goes under the cross member and up underneath the dizzy.

S

stu wiltshire

ive got Hiteq front mount and Hiteq hard piping.
seems really good quality.

S

stu wiltshire

It was on the car when i bought it.The car was Turbines sons car off the other site so the whole engine is Hiteq tuned.
Sadley im not running that intercooler in the picture as i hit a deer about a month or so ago and deers and intercoolers dont mix.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
marcymarc said:
Hi just a quickie if i may

Does anyone have any info on these coolers, i have done a search but all the info is a bit patchy :lol: , i know rishi had one, not sure if he stil has.

Whats the pipe run like in comparrison to say a hybrid??

thanks
I had the Hiteq HKS FMIC Kit at one point. From what i know it was an HKS GT Core with Hiteq's own pipe work.. They used to just chop and modify the std turbo pipe which looked awful, but i see now they have a much nicer turbo pipe..

I think for the size of core, HKS rated it to 550bhp ish..

Unfortunately mine met a sad end.. The garage was lowering my car on the ramp but failed to clear the jack out the way.. So left with a big V-shaped dent in the cooler they decided to replace the core with a new custom more more suited to my needs.. Kinda worked out well for me tbh..