high oil pressure and noisy head

red reading

Ps you car runs re profiled cams from memory with low lift and long duration so 0.10mm may be a little tight, there is a video on fusions website of what happens when you have to tight clearences and dirty spray bars,

grim_d

All of my cold 0.20mm cold values were shimmed and brought as close to 0.10mm as possible, all of them were definitely a fraction under though as I couldn't get a 0.10mm feeler in but a 0.05 was loose. I'll check out the video. Maybe I'll take the shims out all of them then apart from no1 intake but reduce it a little.

vss irvine

youll find the gaps will open up again anyway as the feeler gauge shims get squished.

its a bodge that doesnt last long.

grim_d

I've contacted precision shims in Australia to see about getting some proper shims. I needed to get rid of the noise, even temporarily so that the car is at least driveable as I can't have another Gti-r sitting doing nothing.

grim_d

Doesn't seem to be any now, were they shims for inside the buckets or actual shim/guides in different sizes? Would be good to have a range of shims for inside the buckets made up for a group buy as it's such an easy job just feeler gauges aren't the best thing to use if they are liable to get deformed. Shim steel can be bought in sheets but the problem is the profile of the inside of the bucket is chamfered where it meets the side and stops and flat shim sitting correctly which put's the clearances out a little from what you want to set.