high corner speed misfire

PulsarLee

hey guys,

was exiting a roundabout tonight and got a missfire under acceleration, was ok when straightened up???? saw pulsarbobys video at cadwell where he mentioned a misfire when going round lefthanders under boost??? anyone heard of this b4??

thanks

Lee

Make sure the filter has not fallen off your fuel pump. Also if you have an after market pump fitted they tend to come with a shorter filter, fit the original to the new pump and this should sort your problem.

PulsarLee

thanks stumo & scottgtir

sorry to be ultra thick but how do I do a search about this subject?

I also believe the car has a walbro fuel pump..... where would the pump be located? and could this also be why the car always smells like fuel when stood in the garage?

Cheers,

Lee

olliecast

Fuel surge matey. Theres alot of talk of it. I`m just putting in my external 044 pump and swirl pot setup so ill be able to run naff all fuel and get no surge (thats the plan anyway :))

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd guess the Walbro hasn't been sunk deep enough in your tank. Just do a search for "fuel surge".

P

pulsarboby

hey guys, saw pulsarbobys video at cadwell where he mentioned a misfire when going round lefthanders under boost??? anyone heard of this b4??
Lee

mine wasnt fuel cut lee, basically the actuator bracket had snapped so everytime i went round a bend to the left the wastegate was swinging open, was running no boost at all on that vid.

with regard to your prob though i would say most definately fuel surge;-)
as said make sure the pump is firmly seated right at bottom of tank and that it has the long nose filter fitted and not the teabag type you get with the walbro pump.

Fuel pump is located in the fuel tank, which is situated behind the left of the rear seats as you are looking in the car from the boot.

Open the boot, push the seats forward and lift up the carpet. You will see a large black plastic ring and some wires. It is just a case of disconnecting everything here and unscrewing the ring to gain access to the tank. It is advised that you disconnect the battery first and do not smoke lol. You will find that common sense will help you decide in which order to remove things.

Once you have access to the tank, put your hand in and feel for the pump. It is housed in a cradle that is slotted into a securing point. Take a hold of it and slide it up towards the top of the tank and it should come out.

PulsarLee

Thanks Guys,

Some really useful info here :thumbsup:............... guess if I run around with half a tank as opposed to £5 i shouldnt get the problem??

Cheers

Lee

John

Thanks Guys,

Some really useful info here :thumbsup:............... guess if I run around with half a tank as opposed to £5 i shouldnt get the problem??

Cheers

Lee
Yup thats the easy way to solve it anyway! As others say if you resposition the pump you wont have any issues, I can run on fumes and still dont get fuel surge issues with my walbro.

nex

bit of wood or something on one of the notches and a tap with a hammer - soon spins it round. just get the angle right.