high bitting point on clutch

T

tails

hi ya people, ive only had my r about 3 months and noticed mostly this week that i have a high bitting point on my clutch. When the peddal releasing back towards me it only really bites on the last inch and a half of the of the peddal on the way back up. Is this normal or is this something to worry about. cheers.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
On other cars I've had, it's a sign that the clutch is wearing or welll worn. Sometimes you can adjust it out, I don't know about the Gtir tho as I haven't had to play with mine yet.
Ask Edd about clutches, he might know.[;)][:p]

P

PF

Hi Tails. How are you matey?

Mine was doing this for a couple of weeks and it has started to slip on Friday so will be getting a new clutch fitted asap. Considering we both got our R's from the same place and at roughly the same time you may need to put aside a few £££!

Hope this is not the scenario in your case...

ex-gtir

yeah it is a sign that the clutch is going off you can adjust the pedal piston in the master cylinder
clutch fitting service available very cheap and reliable[:D][:D]
mike

E

Edd

Don't as me about clutches [:(!][V][:0][B)][:(!][xx(][V][B)]

And mike (exgtir) is very cheap and reliable too [;)]

1600 miles and somethings blown!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Oh yeah, sorry Edd, I forgot you like to change them (or get mike to do it[;)]) long before they're worn.[:p][}:)][;)]

Jobi Joba

Hey Edd,it seems that you have a lot of friends right here... [:D]

currently buiding a near 400bhp beast... My goal?Mid 11' at 1/4 mile...

A

Anonymous

Tails,

on a bright side it may last for a damn long time. Mine has always been high and I have been givin it SH** loads.

Si.

(now wheres that big piece of wood gone....)

C

charlie

is it an ap paddle? i found mine has bitten quite high ever since i got it fitted

T

tails

hi guys, erm, i posted this a few weeks ago. i guess it has appeared but the forum move. the clutch has been fine for a while now though. I have been booting it and still no problems and no clear showing that the clutch is on the way out. So at the monemt im just playing a waiting game. thanks for your replies though. :lol: :) :)