hesitating before boost

davey red.r

slight prob with my r ,runs fine when cold but when up to operating temps ,theres a hesitation before boost then ok on boost any ideas cheers davey;-)

youngsyp

Leads, fuel filter.........

Just look for the other missfire/hesitation threads, they're give you ideas of what to look at. ;-)

davey red.r

got my suspisions on that daft hks green mushroom carry on .as i know they can brake away. wouldnt it do it constantly tho if it was leads or filter? im drawn to a sensor being fawlty towers,shes in next week for a check up cheers davey:thumbsup:

youngsyp

davey red.r said:
wouldnt it do it constantly tho if it was leads or filter?
Not necessarily.
Both times when my fuel filter has been partially blocked, the miss fire/hesitation was very erratic !

Braveheart

I'm a real ale guy myself... hickup.
Def' sounds like a fueling issue.
The reason I suspect rich running at low revs is that it's happy to run rich when cold but gasses up a bit when it's warm. If you have not changed the fuel filter after having changed your pump, it would do no harm to change it now.
I changed mine after a week of changing the fuel pump. I left it knowing that I would probably pick up some sh1t running so low on fuel then disturbing the crud when changing the pump....

P

pulsarboby

disagree with all the above davey!
if the filter was partially blocked then it would not run freely on boost, when you require most fuel.
deffo sounds like a misfire prob to me so check all ignition components and do a code check!

antgtir

fault code check, this may highlight issues such as det sensor, enjoyable little job really lol :lol:

Ant.