help

A

Anonymous

i posted a message the other day titled safe boost without controllers and have since noticed it says there are two replys however they do not show up. why is this?

Curtis

The forum is playing up at the moment!
It's generally considered that 1bar is OK on a standard fuel map.
Some play it safe and only go to 0.8-0.9 or like me for the sake of ?200 get a fuel controller and run 1bar with worry...

Curtis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!

Curtis

That should have said read without worry! [:I]

Curtis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A

Anonymous

cheers curtis, but when you say std fuel map what do you mean. my local tuner hiteq set the carat 1.2bar and said the fueling was still a bit rich, this is with the iridium plugs,walbro fuel pump,adj fuel pressure reg and abig hybrid turbo. the boost is controlled via hks evc4 would that lot make any difference

Curtis

By standard fuel map I mean the fueling is still controlled by the ECU as it was when it left the factory. I'm not sure exactly what a fuel pressure regulator does, if with the uprated pump it increases the fueling then what Hiteq probabley mean is that at certain points in the rev range you are running rich. With a controller you could lean the fuel off at some points and increase it at others to get the most power out of your engine.
Hitec are the experts though, why don't you ask them to explain it better. [;)]

Curtis