Help!!! Rocker arm jumping/breaking

A

Anonymous

Hello,
I need advise guys... I completely modified my R. At 1.0bar i have 400hp, at 1.4 - 480hp. There are no problems on the dyno I can rev it to 7700rpm and nothing is happening, but when I go on street rocker arm of 2 or 3 cyl always jumps of - this timr it caused bent valve. Please give me advise where it is the problem. Mods in the head are Tomei camshafts intake 270/lift 12.5 exhaust 280/lift 12.5. Do you think for this cams I need springs, retainers as far as Tomei told me it is not necessary.
Please give me some advise...

Regards,
Tadas
1bar=400hp
1.4=480hp
R

A

Anonymous

Help!!! Rocker arms

Hello,
with this stoppers do I need uprated springs, shims, retainers or anything else

Tadas

Nad

Well with those cams u should really have uprated springs, this may be the main problem why the arm is bouncing. Well it can be the only thing really. The stopper arm only needs slight mods to the rocker cover to fit.

Nad

skiddusmarkus

For that lift you need springs but Tomei only rate theirs to around 11.8mm :roll: .A few on here have imported Ferrea ones from New Zealand which can take around 13mm(maybe 13.5mm) or so of lift.
What turbo are you running to develop that much power on 1 bar?

A

Anonymous

turbo

Huge HOLSET HHX series turbo... can not remember the specs right know... here are all specs of my car:
Hi,

1bar = 400hp/480NM
1.4bar = 480hp/535NM

Specs:
Custom made pistons 1mm oversize
Tomei Camshafts 270in/280ex
DPR Europe/GroundZerO ported head
DPR Europe/GroundZerO ported manifold and throttle body
DPR Europe/GroundZerO intercooler
Hestec Engine management system
Hestec 850cc injectors
Walbro 255HP fuel pump
Holset turbocharger (do not remember model, but it is HUGE!!!:)))
DPR Europe/GroundZerO exhaust manifold
DPR Europe/GroundZerO exhaust system
Greddy Racing Pro spark plugs
RCI fuel cell
Sard Blow Off Valve
Audi S2 Wastegate
as far as I can remember everything else is stock...

Regards,
Tadas Ivanauskas
Director
GTR Jointstock company/GroundZerO
www.groundzero.lt
tadas@groundzero.lt; info@groundzero.lt
+37067622444

A

Anonymous

Actually...

Acvtually engine was built for 2.0-2.5bar of boost also i have NOS system installed with 150hp shot, but... i missed this FU@#$ problem with rockers... Can somebody tell me the Greddy code for Rocker Arm stopper as far as on their website I found this part only for cars with hidrulic valve lifters not shims...

Regards,
Tadas

A

Anonymous

Nad said:
Well with those cams u should really have uprated springs, this may be the main problem why the arm is bouncing. Well it can be the only thing really. The stopper arm only needs slight mods to the rocker cover to fit.

Nad
tomei's rocker arm stoper kit need no modification to the gti-r rocker cover to fit.

N

N1SMO

what mod is needed to the rocker cover as i have a set of rocker stoppers to fit but have not done it yet.

Nad

MashRock said:
Nad said:

Nad
tomei's rocker arm stoper kit need no modification to the gti-r rocker cover to fit.
We asked for Tomei, HKS or another and got sent HKS and it needs slight modification.

Nad

A

Anonymous

i got nismo and tomei ones there wasnt really much difference but there was no modification needed to do to the tomei ones to fit the gti-r head.. but say for a 180sx.. let there be modification..