Help needed! Intermitent idle and misfire.

M

Muppet

Hi

I have got a couple of different faults on R. The car never has a idle at the same point. one minute it is 1000rpm next it is 1250rpm sometimes it just seems to switch from one idle rpm to another rpm level as though a valve has shut or open. I have also sometimes got a hesitation at low revs under load but the fault does not always happen. The other thing the car is doing is when putting my foot to the floor there seems to be excessive lag. This also happens intermitently.

So far I have tried the following.

Lent afm from a known good R and put it on mine. Fault was the same.
Swapped coil from Rob's R and was the same.
New plug leads arm and cap and spark plugs. Stil the same.
Set tps to correct pos. Still the same.
Replaced all 3 valves at the back of the engine and check for split pipes which could cause a air leak. Still the same.
No fault code just showing 55.

None of the faults appear to be linked and do not have a set pattern.

Please HELP...............................

thanks muppet.

GINGA

try pinching each vacuum hose to the inlet manifold including the ones from the rocker cover to the inlet manifold and see if that makes a difference also make sure your dump valve isn't sticking/leaking

M

Mr Overboooost

try changing the ignition module with one you know that works as i had this problem also :( but as soon as i change it problem solved :D

cheers
gary :)

M

Muppet

That reminds we have also blocked of the pipe that went to the rocker cover and put a breather to the rocker.

How do you get to the pipes to pinch them off. It looks near on impossible to get to them if you mean the ones behind the inlet manifold.

I am not running a dump valve as it was causing a idle problem a couple of months ago. and is just blocked off.

I will try the ignition module today. Is it the small item next to the coil on a metal bracket with 3 pin plug going to it.

Rob has also suggetsed a possible bad earth somewhere or even maybe a ecu fault so we are going to try his on my car as well today.

thanks muppet.

M

Muppet

Hi all

thanks for your tips but we have now found the problem. Swapped the ecu from robs to mine and then did a 50mile journey and everything was ok. Luckily we knew somone who had a spare ecu and went and bought it and now the car is running lovely. Idles smack on 1000rpm and car accelerates much better.

:D :D :D :D

thanks muppet.