HELP. Fuel leak?

scottyd

Just started the R up, as usual to keep it ticking over, had a good look around car, noticed damp spot under car on floor under the middle of the car. I reversed her out and smelt the liquid, as im not a petrol connoseur, im not totally sure if it is, but it smelt like de-icer or possibly petrol? is this the right place for a petrol leak if you have one, in the middle of the car, slightly off centre towards the passenger side?

the liquid isnt pouring out or anything, but just a drip or two every so often? if it is petrol, do you think it can wait til january when i can legally take it to get sorted, or will it need to be sorted pronto?

any help appreciated

Thanks,
Scott.

antgtir

Sounds like its in the area of the tank mate. The tank sits under the passenger side of the rear seats and so the pipes that are on the drivers side of the tank may be leaking or weeping.

Its not great to leave the leak but if your not driving the R then maybe it would be ok, i personally would jack the car up and have a good inspection of the system etc.

Ant.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check the front of the tank,there's 3 rubber hoses running down it. I've had one of those go before. I have another one intermittantly leaking. The bugger never leaks when I look for it, just when I don't want it to:doh:

scottyd

cheers, thanks for the info, it looked like there were a couple of pipes, and it was coming from that general direction, so im pretty sure that is the problem......................sherlock holmes hasn't got s**t on you guys:thumbsup:

cheers.