Headunit Installation - I'm a Rookie!

A

Anonymous

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Trying to fit a tape player to the 'R and although Mikey said it should go right in, i really dont think it is!

See pics....

Well that blatantly doesn't go onto any newish cd/tape player.

What the bloody hell do i need, and where do i get it from!

Many thanks if you can help, im such a damn rookie :oops: :cry: :roll:

ashills

right red and yellow are powers one permanaent one switch (red permanent i think)
earth is probably black (but might have to test its not that other one in the close up pic
orange is normally ligths dimmer for stereo
blue is electric aerial or amp turn on
teh other to pairs of wires will be speakers put a battery across the pairs to see which speakers which( a square one is ideal and if there correct pairs ull here a crackling from the speker there connected to
these on the stereo will be teh 4 pairs of colours
normally green, purple, grey and white but may be different

hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
Mikey sold you a shitter :p
:roll: :D

Thanks for your replies, some more helpful than others 8)

I'll try and bodge it together with duck tape & lego bricks tomorrow and see what happens.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have a picture of what i SHOULD have to plug the unit into?

J

jaigtir

Ask nabsq , he is quite good at this stuff, done all my wiring.

J

jasegould

And you may have to modify the surround as jap stereos are slightly different size :roll:

J

Jonny H

you should be able to buy another block. Does the white plug break off into 2 parts? Also you probably will have to mod the surround :cry: i had to sand my surround down so my cd player fitted :cry:

A

Anonymous

The big white 'thing' with wires hanging loose does come off, yeah.

Mikey had a cd player in there before so i'm thinking that it >should< fit straight in.

I did wonder what mikey meant when he said 'i'm not very good with electrics' :roll:

M

Mart

LOL looks just like what mine did!

What u need to do is take that block off with all the bullets on and take it to a ICE shop (halfords do it but try them last about twice the price)
And ask if they have a nissan to iso and show them yours :lol: £10 for mine

and all should be plug and play.

A

Anonymous

All sorted!

Offed the thing with the wires on it and went to halford :oops: and got the part i needed. Worked right away!

Just need to get the rear speakers going now.

Thanks for everyones help :)