headlight Air ducts

J

jaigtir

I made one myself out of a damaged headlight i had, its not as well done as the one in the picture and has mesh over the front of it, but it does the job, and will work the same on the track. :twisted:

JU5TY

Yeah I've got a spare headlight that I will make one from if nothing comes of this… They can't be that hard to make for someone who has the facilities to make a fibreglass mould!

Let us know how you get on ShayneG. :D

P

Pizza

I was very much interested in doing this but was told that blocking the air ducts could hurt brake performance.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Pizza said:
I was very much interested in doing this but was told that blocking the air ducts could hurt brake performance.
:?: What air ducts are being blocked?

A headlight is being replaced with an air duct (for track/drag use) but nothing is being blocked :?

O

Odin

Give him a brake look where he live's :wink: He's bound to be stoned :shock: :lol: .

rob

P

Pizza

vpulsar said:
Give him a brake look where he live's :wink: He's bound to be stoned :shock: :lol: .

rob
:D :D wow even I dont know how powerful this stuff is. Seriously though i misread it completely. from the picture it looked like the frame I wanted to build to house some projector spotlights at the front. You know the lower opening on either side of the bumper. Ala Imprezza style. My bad.. i'll go find a rock to crawl under now.. thank you very much :D

N

Norfy

ive taken the indicator out and built a custom intake duct for mine

filter sucks alot harder now, will be taking it up to PTS if anyone fancies a look :D

B

blugtirboy

skiddusmarkus said:
There was a fella on the 200 plus stand at Trax with what looked like the same one.The quality was excellent and looked 8) .
that'll be me then :lol:
not to hard to make ,i got a standard near side headlight and got a mate who does fibreglass work to take a mould of the glass ,then he smashed off the glass and reflector leaving the plastic back part ,you then trim the
plastic back leaving the original mountings untouched ,brought a plastic
duct from grand prix racewear and joined it to the mould and cut out the
hole in the front ,smoothed the join with a little bit of filler .
go back to the headlight back and dig out all the old sealer where the glass is bonded ,then use sikaflex to build up this area till flush (IMPORTANT BIT :because if this isn't flush when you fit the mould to it,
it will sit to far in when on the car ) bond the mould/duct to the h/l back ,
then used i.c.i plastic primer ,then 2 pack primer and paint ,then fit using
all the original headlight bolts/screws

hope that wasn't too long but there did seem some interest
pm me for any more info :D

C

clive760

ducks

blugtirboy said:
skiddusmarkus said:
There was a fella on the 200 plus stand at Trax with what looked like the same one.The quality was excellent and looked 8) .
that'll be me then :lol:
not to hard to make ,i got a standard near side headlight and got a mate who does fibreglass work to take a mould of the glass ,then he smashed off the glass and reflector leaving the plastic back part ,you then trim the
plastic back leaving the original mountings untouched ,brought a plastic
duct from grand prix racewear and joined it to the mould and cut out the
hole in the front ,smoothed the join with a little bit of filler .
go back to the headlight back and dig out all the old sealer where the glass is bonded ,then use sikaflex to build up this area till flush (IMPORTANT BIT :because if this isn't flush when you fit the mould to it,
it will sit to far in when on the car ) bond the mould/duct to the h/l back ,
then used i.c.i plastic primer ,then 2 pack primer and paint ,then fit using
all the original headlight bolts/screws

hope that wasn't too long but there did seem some interest
pm me for any more info :D
so as any 1 had this item yet as its been awhile since it was brough up :eek:

B

blugtirboy

hi clive760,mine was made by a mate of mine as a one off ,it's not the same as the previous one on the thread .it was more than the other one
cause i had to buy a headlight and a large duct before he could make the
intake. i had it made cause i wanted it to look like the skyline ones :D

P.M me for any more info