Headligh adjustment and allignment

kyepan

Does anyone know how to adjust the pitch of the headlights as my main beam is too low and dipped is so low i can hardly see more than 30' infront of the car..

as it is getting darker earlier, most of my driving will be at night.

cheers

JB

(L) PLATE

A

Anonymous

Next time you go for an MOT let them do it for you, it only takes a few minutes.

A

Anonymous

I knew you would ask that. There are some adjusters on the headlight but i aint got a clue how they adjusted it, they just told me it wasnt aiming right and did it for me.
Sorry

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Park on a piece of level ground (at night) in front of a big flat vertical area (wall, garage door or whatever) and play with the two screws to see what they do. It might be an idea to have something with you to block of the other beam so it doesn't stop you seeing what's going on.
Now going from the manual....... the front of the car should be 5m away from and parallel to said wall(or whatever). On that wall, directly in front of the car at the same height as the centre of the headlight and the same distance between them. you should have a horizontal line and angled up line of light (the top part of the headlight beam) The intersection of these lines should be 65mm below where the centre line and height centre lines of the headlights intersect.

Confused? :p