Headgasket

JAMMA

Can anyone tell me if this head gasket is the right one for the GTi-R or not? Doesnt look right to me as nearly all the holes for the water jackets are blocked off. Unless its a new design or something?

MarkTurbo

Looks to me like most of the water jacket holes havent been punched out properly when the gasket was made ;-) I take it its been fitted at some point looking at the state of it, what happened when it was run?You can see from this pic of my engine that its the right one, just with a few less holes than its meant to have :lol:

Last edited:

Keira

they're not meant to be.

my hks is the same, although you seem to have one extra hole :lol:

Last edited:

JAMMA

Yeh the gasket was fitted but the engine was never ran. Nearly all the bolt holes stripped their threads when the head bolts were being torqued down.

A

ard1ey

What make is it?

I had questions when my Cometic turned up (and it looks just like your one). The original Nissan gasket had most of the water holes around cyls. 1,2 & 3 blocked off, but the Cometic had small holes punched in these blocked off areas. Supplier checked for me, and that's the one Cometic recommended and they have used on several builds.

Mark, you're a twat :)

Ian

JAMMA

Thats good news :thumbsup: one less problem I have to worry about. Just need to sort out these stripped threads now.

P

pulsarmick

hi there i see you took the head off your gtir have you got some pics of you taking the head off that you can send me and how easy is it many thanxs mick my email is mick.dewick@ntlworld .com

G

GTIR8U

is it alright to helicoil the stripped threads up i was putting my head on and the second to last one stripped it now i have to buy another head gasket dam it