Head Unit???

J

Jonny H

Just purchased a Pioneer DEH 7600 but the centre console surround (The one that surrounds the hazard light swith etc....) the gap is too small? Has anyone else had this problem? How have you 'bodged' it? Cut away a small section from either side of the console so the head unit fits?

Just curious thats all.

Cheers guys! :mrgreen:

OZ-Racing

Unfortunately the trim that fits around my Sony head unit won't clip into position because of the surround......

fortunately it looks fine without it. Not sure what the construction of your head unit is like :?

paz

Jonny H said:
Just purchased a Pioneer DEH 7600 but the centre console surround (The one that surrounds the hazard light swith etc....) the gap is too small? Has anyone else had this problem? How have you 'bodged' it? Cut away a small section from either side of the console so the head unit fits?

Just curious thats all.

Cheers guys! :mrgreen:
My sony unit fits fine as well.

have you got a picture of the stereo?

Paz

oldaneal

with alot of the stereos they are mounted behind that plastic surround with screws and brackets and then a diffrent outer surround on the stereo as well

hope that made sence

OZ-Racing

You'll probably have to leave the surround off the actual headunit like I did and use the original brackets to mount it using some suitable screws.