Head gasket!!

dazgtir400

Hi, I'm looking for a head gasket for my engine rebuild??
I've been told cosworth is a good one to go for but can't find
one specific for gtir!! All I can't find is 200sx!! Please help!!
If anyone has part numbers or any other idears!! Don't want 2
use cometic!! Bad stories!!
Thanks daz!!

snoon

They still need changing slightly when you get them, I have just got one but not fitted it yet.

Apparently there are some holes that need making bigger.

Loads cheaper than HKS though.

snoon

Having had both - I don't think they are worth the extra £100 - You're just paying for the name.

dazgtir400

Cheers fellas!! I had a chat with tdi, there out of cosworth gaskets at 1.2mm &
there's a 4 week wait on that!!
so anyone know where else I can get 1?!?

vpulsar

Cheers fellas!! I had a chat with tdi, there out of cosworth gaskets at 1.2mm &
there's a 4 week wait on that!!
so anyone know where else I can get 1?!?
Why would you want to fit a gasket that needs to be modified to suit :?:doh:, Buy a gasket that was actually designed to fit the pulsar SR20 engine not the other engines.

John

red reading

Why would you want to fit a gasket that needs to be modified to suit :?:doh:,
John

Because the cosworth one has the correct bore size to suit 86mm and 86.5mm bore, the hks is 88mm bore and that leave's an exposed part of the block and head that increase's the chance of detonation

vpulsar

Because the cosworth one has the correct bore size to suit 86mm and 86.5mm bore, the hks is 88mm bore and that leaves an exposed part of the block and head that increases the chance of detonation
Just fit bigger pistons to match lol, It all helps :thumbsup:.

I just don't like fitting things that need modifying to suit, That's just me though.

John

dazgtir400

Hey red!! I've just messaged u!! Pulsar bobby said u mite b able 2 help me find a cosworth gasket!?! Need 1asap!!!

red reading

Someone close has a liner block to be tested bit bigger than 88mm and not a crap darton one either (not even a mazworx one before you ask too)

red reading

Try ebay or mutant motorsport if sumo and tdi cant supply, or ring cosworth direct as i have done before (i am a registered company though)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Because the cosworth one has the correct bore size to suit 86mm and 86.5mm bore, the hks is 88mm bore and that leave's an exposed part of the block and head that increase's the chance of detonation
later followed by HG and block failure :doh:

dazgtir400

Has anyone got a part number 4 this cosworth gasket?? I take it it's 4 a 200sx but what spec??s14, s15?!? Want 2 make sure I get the right part!!
Cheers daz!!