Head Bolts

Mad

Nissan have a 4 week backorder on Headbolts.

Any suggestions where I may get some sooner.

Cheers

Murff93GTiR

You can re-use head bolts twice before they become useless.saves alot of money lol.just dont buy arp ones and u was told not to use any other than genuine nissan ones

Mad

ARP's are very hit and miss. Unfortunately they were a miss for me. Not sure about blueprints as limited information about them with regards to results / outcome. They are available but really would prefer originals if poss.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
How come the people on the US forums seem to use ARP's without any problems?
Wasn't the issue that they're not actually for this variant of the SR20? As a result they're not quite the right length so don't do as good a job as the genuine items?

williams

I thought other sr20s used a smaller dia head bolt than the gtir? I'd just read that they caused the head gasket to leak but loads on the sr20-forum seem to be using them.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I just thoguht I'd read an explaination about them being too short for a 54C block because they're designed for a 200SX, but they happen to fit so they're sold as being suitable. - Maybe I've got that all wrong, but the consensus does seem to be that you shouldn't trust 'em.

MarkTurbo

Not sure about blueprints as limited information about them with regards to results / outcome. They are available but really would prefer originals if poss.
I'd probably use them to be honest. As long as they're the correct tensile strength a bolt is a bolt at the end of the day! And lets face it they probably come from the same supplier anyway but mysteriously get more expensive once they enter a Nissan packet :lol:

bensmith907

I reckon its not going to be long till we have to start finding alternative bolts as cost and availability is getting pretty bad.

Btw has anyone seen the price recently? I got mine last year at £160 that' go up again soon I'm sure as the guy I got mine from said they have trippled in price over the last 7-8 years

warpspeed

I'm looking into getting stud kits made just now for a group buy, don't have any timescale yet as I'm just about to send some samples to the company, they supply f1, wrc, motogp etc.
Will keep you all posted, also would need to get permission from admin first.