Has my Clutch gone ?

ShayneG

How can I tell if my clutch is on it's way our or is it just slipping. Is there any adjustment you can do on the clutch. I can pull off in 2nd and 3rd no probs without any slip but when i'm driving normally and hit around 5000 rpm it slips in 3rd and 4th.

GTIR-LOZ

sounds like your clutch, dont believe there is adjustment, as its fluid fed not cable, i think (poss totally wrong)

to tell if you clutch is on the way out, is if its ok its good, if its not its fcked :lol: :wink:

A

Anonymous

yep, its dying alright. Unless for some reason your leaking oil onto it, but thats unlikely.
Your extra power is killing it mate.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Make sure your clutch fluid level is ok. Fairly sure it'll be the clutch tho. Is the bite point high?

W

wizgti

If you had your boost turned upto 1 bar when you were at PS the other day then yes your clutch will be fooked

M

Mr Overboooost

sounds like your clutch is knackered to me :(
cheers
gary :)

A

antilag

of u got a boost controller a good test would be to turn it down to the lowest boost possible and see if it slips the same as high boost cos my clutch works great at my lowest boost but at one bar it starts to slip

ShayneG

antilag said:
of u got a boost controller a good test would be to turn it down to the lowest boost possible and see if it slips the same as high boost cos my clutch works great at my lowest boost but at one bar it starts to slip
O.K lads, When i put my boost back to normal my clutch does not slip but it does at 1 bar so is there a way round this but I would like to stay at 1 bar :D

A

Anonymous

ex-gtir said:
yes buy a new clutch
He's right, it's uprated clutch time! You now need to choose between organic or paddle. I've got an organic and at 1 bar it's been fine (kiss of death :? ). Paddles are a pain in the a*se if you drive in traffic much.

Dunc