Hand brake light.

A

Anonymous

I had the hadbrake cable snap a while back, but now its fixed the red light in the dash wont go out.

Any idea what that might be?

S

skar

the switch for the handbrake light is just under the handbrake... take off the centre console to get to it. My guess is its just moved or unplugged or something.

kon

ki_saj_ng

this happened with mine before it fooked up.

even with the handbrake down, the light stays on, i think its just the switch as when u push it down manually it goes off so basically its moved out of position.

rip it all open and have a closer look at whats going on.

saj 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's the switch. :wink: It costs about a tenner and the part number should be in that list of numbers somewhere, cos I got one and put it in there.

B

Brett G

Its the switch... Get your screw driver out Matty!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

little ghost said:
Failing that the brake fluid may be low. I know it sounds odd but it does cause the light to stick on.
When this happens it is to let you know your front pads need changing. :lol:

You should never need to top up your brake fluid unless you have had a leak. :roll:

If you have messed around with your hand brake cable then chances are it is the switch, but check your front pads aswell. Just in case. :wink:

Bry :D

skiddusmarkus

My switch went too and messed up the turbo timer.I just bought a regular spade connector(IIRC-was years ago) for it and that worked fine.

:? All i know is my handbrake light stuck on- took it into garage, mechanic said all your pads are fine, topped up your brake fluid, and now the handbrake light is working properly, which it is....ergo....