Gtir (UK) Hall of Fame

O

Odin

oap-r said:
don't be so anal you old fool,the bloody thing works,so there :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

touchy touchy :lol: :lol: .

When you getting it back then?, And how many miles do you think it will last this time buddy?, You can count in TEN's if you like :wink: :lol: :lol: .

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
AshBhp said:
How about highest bhp at the wheels :?:

As i now Surry (Jon) had 391bhp at wheel :shock: 8) on Thor Dyno Pack.
What would that equate to flywheel :?:
Have you got a print out? It was the wheels and not hubs wasn't it?

AshBhp

Fast Guy said:
AshBhp said:
How about highest bhp at the wheels :?:

As i now Surry (Jon) had 391bhp at wheel :shock: 8) on Thor Dyno Pack.
What would that equate to flywheel :?:
Have you got a print out? It was the wheels and not hubs wasn't it?
Sorry Hubs, does it make a big difference :?:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You get more losses at the wheels than at the hubs, so your reading will be higher than if you'd had it from the wheels.
I don't know what % difference it makes, maybe you could ask Thor, or Abbey?

Surry

Hi Guys,

Thought i would reply, thor dont like to comment on flywheel figure, as just like flywheel figures from anything other than a engine dyno they are guestimates, put politely.

My car made 391 at the hubs, i dont know what that equates to fly.. and dont really care.

I think the only way to make a fair assumption is to say either highest power at hubs or highest power at wheels? Even then we all know which RR's to go to to get an extra 30 or so bhp.

And this reply is not intended to take anything away from any of the results previously mentioned they are all great achievements.. :)

Cheers

Jon

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
When you getting it back then?, And how many miles do you think it will last this time buddy?, You can count in TEN's if you like :wink: :lol: :lol:
you're only jealous of all my torque :wink: :twisted:

nismoboy

that is a poor torque figure, if thats what having a big turbo does then i dont want one. also look at the transmission losses there 35% :shock:

A

Anonymous

nismoboy said:
that is a poor torque figure, if thats what having a big turbo does then i dont want one. also look at the transmission losses there 35% :shock:
something not quite right with those figures :?

for a start,transmission losses for the R are usually approx 24% not 35% and i've got a big turbo with a decent torque level,407lb/ft.

either the rolling road is not accurate{most probable} or there's something amiss in the car's spec{least probable} :D

zia

have closer look at the graph the brown/bronze colour represents the torque more like 390 ibft judging from the graph just that the computor has miss printed.
zia

A

Anonymous

zia said:
have closer look at the graph the brown/bronze colour represents the torque more like 390 ibft judging from the graph just that the computor has miss printed.
zia
no it hasn't :?
power is on the left and the torque is on the right.the max the torque can possibly be is 300lb/ft according to the scale.

A

Anonymous

kieron said:
scale could be wrong then :?
nah,they are always like that.it keeps all the plots together and supposedly makes it easier to read :shock:

only times the two scales are close is if the power and torque outputs are of a similar value :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Either you have major transmission losses (and hence some sort of problem) or they've put in a wrong figure (which I doubt) for them as using 25% losses for your wheel power output would give a flywheel figure of about 360bhp, which would make your torque seem better.

J

jonnyboy

nismoboy said:
jonnyboy said:
:( :( Mmmmm defo suming wrong :? :cry:
what transmission/diff oil are you using? do u have a lightned flywheel?
no i havent got a lightend flywheel.
not sure what oil is in there never changed it :oops: :oops: (what do you recomend putting in) would the oil make a difference ?

(have had 2 clutches now so it has been changed, just dont know what with!!)

nismoboy

yes mate, definately change your gearbox and diff oils, redline is suposed to be good but motul fully synthetic 75w90 is good stuff too change to this and free up some extrra power. U want a good fully synthetic gear oil that gives low drag.

also lightened flywheel is susposed to give u more power at the wheels i cant confirm this as i havent done this yet but maybe someone who has can gives us some feed back?