gti gearbox oil leak

ohc_turbo

hi, not a gti-r question but i want some good expert advice as its sr20 related

the engine is a sr20de fwd out of a sunny gti so the way it works is fairly similar in terms of gearbox bolting and possibly seals

the problem i have is the box was leaking inside so not a off or nearside outer seal. i got the box off today and its wet as an otters pocket inside and no sign of any drips. i cant figure where the leak has originated? i was thinking that behind the clutch fork there would be a seal but quick examining and i could not see one like the rwd boxes have..

the weird stuff i saw was a number of digs all around the gearbox and some are quite deep! i dont know if they have penetrated as ill have to examin better tommorow but i cant thing what has caused the damage, even the pressure plate has a bit of a dig in it but not that much, all the bolts that hold the pressure plate are still there?

i was thinking it was from the input shaft but its dry, if anyone says it cant leak normally from this point and its a major fault if its leaking from there its deffo a fubared box.

im going probably take the fly off tommow to see if its leaking from the rear engine seal but its definatly box oil as i filled it up and when it got warm it leaked it all out!

any help apprieciated

cheers