Group Buy: APEX Coilovers

Kev@Apex

We have some of the bottom mounts now, I'll get a picture up today.

We have more incoming too.

If you would like to be one of the first to recieve the replacement bottom mounts, FOC, please e-mail me kev@apexperformance.co.uk with your full name, 1st line of your address and postcode.

Kev@Apex

Nobody?

Tried to get this sorted as fast as possible :) under a month from being informed to new bottom mounts being available.

Kev@Apex

No probs :)

I have several sets here to send out immediatly, another 5 I think, with more on the way so everyone can have them.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm still slightly concerned that they haven't copied the Tein fully, so it may still fail in the future (but hopefully won't)

Kev@Apex

I really dont think it will fail, the old design would allow for small movement and we assume therefore after a while a stress fracture. There is no movement with the new design, so no chamce for fatigue to accur.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member

I've just got round to fitting these (winter is my busiest time at work) and I can't get the old one off, it was solid. I've emptied a load of plus gas down the thread, so may try again in a say or so, but it didn't work on my tein sping platformlocking collar, so I'm not hopefull.

Kev@Apex

Its always advisable to copper grease all locking collars and the lower mounts when fitting them.

Anyone wanting the redesigned bottom mounts just e-mail or phone the office :)

k20 gtr

Bringing up an old thread, but I have a leaking one, has anybody had theirs rebuilt?
Is Kev still at Apex? Thank you.