Goodyear F1 GSD3's v's Toyo T1-R

youngsyp

Guys,

Gonna have to buy some new tires soon and wondered what peoples opinions are of the above ? Also, if anyone has been able to compare them ?

The difference in price is over £30 each :shock: so, is there that much difference in performance ?

Cheers

Paul

O

Odin

I had the old F1's on my car before I took it off the road, They where very good indeed so the new one's should be even better.

I'v change to the toyo's now because like you said there about £30 chearper each :shock: , I'm hopeing they will be as good as the F1's.

I suppose i will soon find out :twisted: .

rob

youngsyp

Rob,

What size did you go for ? I'm after a 215/40/16 in the T1-R and Protire can't get hold of them ?!

Cheers

Paul

kyepan

I've only had Toyo's on my car (apart from the shitty falkens) and they are very sticky, fairly progressive on the limit, good in the wet.. but they do wear very quickly.. expect to go through a set in 6-10k.. depending on how you drive..

I did kill a perfectly good pair in an afternoon but that was on an airfield..so it doesn't count. :wink:

no idea about goodyears..

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Rob,

What size did you go for ? I'm after a 215/40/16 in the T1-R and Protire can't get hold of them ?!

Cheers

Paul
Yeah I'v got 215/40/16's fella, But they are the old toyo's not the latest one's as they came out a week after i bought mine :evil: :roll: .

rob

youngsyp

Well, I can get the T1-R's for £49.10 each (F1 GSD3's are £80.42 inclusive at Protire, still a very good price !). I just need to find somewhere to fit them now. I'm sure I had some done before and they were only £10 a rim including balancing and disposal of the old tire ?!

Cheers

Paul

C

Crazy

Vpulsar
I've change to the toyo's now because like you said there about £30 cheaper each , I'm hopeing they will be as good as the F1's.
Was that vpulsar being a tight B@ST@RD :p

Vpulsar
In that case fella the pulsar's the wrong motor for you
:p :wink:

youngsyp
Well, I can get the T1-R's for £49.10 each (F1 GSD3's are £80.42 inclusive at Protire, still a very good price !)
Thats an excellent price mate, got a link as I am after 2 F1,s at the moment :?:

6Miester

youngsyp said:
Well, I can get the T1-R's for £49.10 each (F1 GSD3's are £80.42 inclusive at Protire, still a very good price !). I just need to find somewhere to fit them now. I'm sure I had some done before and they were only £10 a rim including balancing and disposal of the old tire ?!

Cheers

Paul

What size? I have just bought a set of Toyo Poxies T1-R (used to have T1-Ss, which were excellent) from MYTYRES.com

195/50/15 £126 Thats four tyres delivered!

Third time i have orderded from this excellent website with no problems at all.They also have have come quickly in every case.

O

Odin

ashills said:
rob what width are your rims

Never looked fella :oops: I think there 7" or 7.5" i'm not sure, But the tyres fit nice anyway 8) :wink: .

If you like I'll have a look for you :wink: .

rob

J

John Mc

I've got T1-R's on my car they are very good indeed 8)

£269 delivered for 4 off 205/40/17 from camskill

youngsyp

Crazy said:
Thats an excellent price mate, got a link as I am after 2 F1,s at the moment :?:
It's www.protyre.co.uk I've just found them cheaper than that too. I've been quoted £78.90 all inc from The Garage in Milton Keynes. That's if I buy 4 though ! They can't get hold of the Toyo's as their suppliers have them on back order !

Mytyres is looking like a good option for the T1-R (£49.10 but not fitted)as I have to change the topmounts and steering arm at the same time as the tires. How much do places normally charge to fit a tire ? And are they normally keen to do it ?

Had a look at the Toyo website. They reckon 215/40-16 rubber will fit on 7" to 8.5" rims !

Cheers

Paul